Tuesday, August 26, 2014

GET ON UP CAST COVERS EBONY

The cast of Get On Up is taking over the coveted September issue of EBONY magazine. And our sexy new crush Chadwick Boseman even landed his own solo cover. Check out the double cover madness with vintage Hollywood flair inside... One of the hottest casts of Summer 2014 is gracing EBONY's September issue double covers. Chadwick Boseman, Tika Sumpter and Nelsan Ellis are channeling old Hollywood...and we love it. Chadwick is getting plenty of praise for his portrayal of James Brown in the flick (which debuted at #2 at the box office), and his supporting cast isn't too shabby either. The sexy powerhouse-in-the-making actress Tika Sumpter (known best for her sultry character in Tyler Perry’s "The Haves and Have Nots"), plays a noticeable short role in the film, and it was worth it. She tells Ebony: “I wouldn’t take this time back at all. The talent here elevated my own and has done nothing but push me forward. For me, it’s not always just about the work; it’s also about the connection.” By the way, the YBF chick is currently starring and producing in her own untitled project. She revealed: “Nowadays, you simply can’t wait for someone to give it to you. You have to create opportunities for yourself when nobody else will.” He's got his own solo cover moment. He dished to EBONY about landing one of the biggest roles in his career so far. He was hesitant to even attempt to portray the legend, but he came around. Oh, and he beat out 20 other actors for the role: “When my manager brought me the script, I didn’t even want to read it because I knew attempting to play James Brown would just be crazy...He was a complicated man, both good and bad. Once you understand the reasons for his dichotomy, it’s easier to grasp who he was.” And "True Blood" star Nelsan Ellis credits Boseman for being a “working machine” and wanting to keep up at his level. “I thought, ‘If I’m going to act opposite [Chad], I’ll need to prove myself worthy. You’ll see some of the best acting I’ve ever done on this last season of True Blood, and I owe that to Chad. I don’t know what people’s reactions will be, but I do want them to see a different side of my acting in this film.” The September Issue of EBONY hits newsstands August 12.

No comments: